People with disabilities who plan to attend Spirit Room events should contact the Spirit Room office at 701-237-0230 weekdays. Please contact us at least forty-eight hours before the event. Thank you!
The Spirit Room is located on the second floor of an historic building. Having entered mediation in 2007 with Disability Resource Inc, several steps have been taken to assure accessibility.
We understand our location is not ideal for everyone. In an effort to include our community we have made the following accommodations:
- Development of online marketplace – enables individuals who may not be able to visit in person the ability to still view and purchase the work from our exhibits
- blog – great for those: hard of hearing, deaf, or unknowledgeable in a certain area to obtain more information and understanding
- youtube – great for those deaf or blind to listen or read artist talk speeches or special event lectures
- video of artist receptions and special lectures
- offsite artist shows – enables individuals bound to wheel chairs or other physical ailment that stairs may prove a challenge the capability to still enjoy our shows
- availability for personal tours – great for those: hard of hearing/ deaf, blind, unknowledgeable in relation to art, really anyone
- accessibility of other spaces (i.e. Lotus during Gallery Receptions) for those hard of hearing to retreat to for conversations
- posters printed with large text – great for those with poor vision
- staff available for technology assistance – because who really wants to box with technology alone 🙂
- food allergens advertised at receptions when necessary
- plenty of resting spots available and water station provided – for elderly or those with physical impediments