Potential exhibitors come to us through a variety of means:
- Recommended by someone in the local arts community
- Artist applying
- Traveling exhibitions (North Dakota Association of Art Galleries)
- Grant funded (such as: the Bremer Foundation underwriting Bright Bird: the art of Sister Corita Kent. Another type of exhibit is tied to grant funding such as Carving a New Life: Izudin Becic, from the Bosnian wood carving tradition, God Given: Cultural Treasures of Armenia, the metal repoussé work of Norik Astvatsaturov. Both exhibitions were underwritten by the National Endowment for the Arts.)
Because the Spirit Room has several galleries, larger work and more prolific artists exhibit in the Lotus Studio or Gallery I. Gallery II, our gallery/ gift shop combination, is especially good for young artists who may not have a large body of work or artists that would have difficulty with the costs of framing.
The work is scheduled as far out as six months or to a year ahead of time. That means that the artists usually must plan ahead to both have the work completed and be available at the time of the exhibition.
If you are interested in exhibiting with us please send us an e-mail with a cover letter, current resume, website (if you have one,) and proposal for exhibition.
E-mails are answered Monday – Friday in the order they are received. Thank you for your interest, we look forward to conversing with you.
Gallery II Gift Shop
Interested in having your small 2 or 3 Dimensional works included in the Gift Shop portion on Gallery II? Here are some key details, for full prospectus download the pdf below for extensive details and artist packet/ contract.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
• You must be a Spirit Room Member. Memberships are available through our site.
• All items must be for sale. Please email: email@example.com to propose work for sale. Submit a detailed description (with sizes) and number of pieces.
• Complete the artist packet, including the inventory form.
• The maximum number of works per artist will flex based on size, medium of artwork, and on space available to properly display the accepted works.